On track to become a $1 billion market for video games
December 7, 2021 – Niko Partners, a market research and consulting firm covering video games, esports, and streaming in Asia, today announced the release of their 2021 India Games Market Report and 5-Year Forecast. This report covers the mobile & PC games market in India and is one of ten reports covering the Asia-10 market. Asia-10 countries include:
The report includes a comprehensive market model and 5-year forecast through 2025 by games segment, key data on game publishers, games rankings, growth drivers, and trends. This includes details on esports, product distribution, payments, financial transaction events, regulations, and qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, spending, and behavior.
Key takeaways from the report include:
- India’s PC and Mobile game revenue in 2021 is projected to reach $534.1 million*, up 31.79% YoY
- India PC and Mobile game revenue will grow at a 5-year CAGR of 29.8%, reaching $1.491 billion* in 2025.
- India’s PC and mobile gamers in 2021 is projected to reach 339.9 million, up 21.97% YoY
- India’s PC and mobile gamers will grow at a 5-year CAGR of 13.7%, reaching 529.1 million in 2025
- India will account for 56% of all mobile and PC gamers in Asia-10 in 2025. It is already the #2 games market in the world by players, behind China.
- India is the fastest growing market in Asia-10 by both revenue and gamers. India’s APRU will grow at the fastest rate through 2025.
- India is the fastest growing region in Asia-10 thanks to the low cost of 4G data, the proliferation of affordable smartphones and the abundance of high quality free to play titles.
- Mobile gamers in India are more engaged than any other market in Asia-10, playing 14.1 hours of mobile games each week on average. However, India has the lowest ARPU in Asia-10 and requires a different approach to monetization.
*Does not include revenue generated by real money games
Niko’s research methodology combines data from game developers and publishers, data from other sources such as retailers and app markets, our market model, and our gamer surveys. We also regularly interview executives at games and hardware companies as well as government officials. We leverage our own proprietary primary data combined with direct access to a panel of millions of consumers throughout Asia, to create deep qualitative and quantitative analysis, market models, and five-year forecasts. Our analysts regularly conduct gamer surveys, interviews, and focus groups throughout China, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Chinese Taipei, Japan, South Korea, and India.
For more information visit:
ABOUT NIKO PARTNERS
Niko Partners is the leading market research firm covering video games, esports, and streaming in Asia. With native speaking analysts in each of the countries covered, Niko delivers local expertise with a global perspective. Founded in 2002, the firm conducts syndicated and custom research studies on China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Chinese Taipei, Japan, South Korea, and India on the topics of online games, mobile games, consoles and console games, regulatory issues, piracy, development, online operators, distribution, internet cafes, retail and more. Niko Partners also offers consulting services including focus groups, partnership selection, IPO and market opportunity analysis, custom surveys in cities throughout China and the Asia Pacific region, and customized data analysis. The company is based in Silicon Valley with offices in Shanghai, Bangkok, Jakarta and London, and its clients include worldwide leaders in game software, hardware, and services, as well as consumer brands, investors, media companies, trade associations, and management consulting firms. www.nikopartners.com