India’s videogames market has the highest projected 5-year growth rate at 29%
SILICON VALLEY, Calif. – December 7, 2021 – Niko Partners, a market research and consulting firm covering video games, esports, and streaming in Asia, today announced the release of their 2021 Asia-10 Games Market reports. Niko forecasts that PC and mobile gaming will continue to have strong growth in Asia for the next 5 years. Data and insights for 2020-2025e are published in new country-level reports on fast growth games and esports markets that Niko Partners defines as Asia-10: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Chinese Taipei, Japan, Korea, and India.
Each market report includes a comprehensive market model and 5-year forecast through 2025 by games segment, key data on game publishers, games rankings, growth drivers, and trends. This includes details on esports, product distribution, payments, financial transaction events, regulations, and qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, spending, and behavior. The methodology includes a survey of 4,000 gamers.
Key takeaways from the reports include:
- Asia-10 PC and Mobile game revenue in 2021 is projected to reach $35.7 billion, up 6.2%.
- Asia-10 PC and Mobile game revenue will grow at a 5-year CAGR of 4.5%, reaching $41.8 billion in 2025.
- Asia-10 PC and Mobile gamers in 2021 are projected to reach 714.9 million, up 12.1%.
- Asia-10 PC and Mobile gamers will increase at a 5-year CAGR of 8.1%, reaching 940.9 million in 2025.
- Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam (ITV) are the fastest growing markets in SEA.
- India is the fastest growing in all of Asia-10 by far with a 5-year CAGR of 29.8%.
- Japan and Korea are the highest revenue markets, accounting for 80% of the Asia-10 regional market.
- Thailand became a billion-dollar market in 2020, with India, Indonesia, and Vietnam set to break the $1 billion mark by 2025.
Niko’s research methodology combines data from game developers and publishers, data from other sources such as retailers and app markets, our market model, and our gamer surveys. We also regularly interview executives at games and hardware companies as well as government officials. We leverage our own proprietary primary data combined with direct access to a panel of millions of consumers throughout Asia, to create deep qualitative and quantitative analysis, market models, and five-year forecasts. Our analysts regularly conduct gamer surveys, interviews, and focus groups throughout China, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Chinese Taipei, Japan, South Korea, and India.
For more information visit:
ABOUT NIKO PARTNERS
Niko Partners is the leading market research firm covering video games, esports, and streaming in Asia. With native speaking analysts in each of the countries covered, Niko delivers local expertise with a global perspective. Founded in 2002, the firm conducts syndicated and custom research studies on China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Chinese Taipei, Japan, South Korea, and India on the topics of online games, mobile games, consoles and console games, regulatory issues, piracy, development, online operators, distribution, internet cafes, retail and more. Niko Partners also offers consulting services including focus groups, partnership selection, IPO and market opportunity analysis, custom surveys in cities throughout China and the Asia Pacific region, and customized data analysis. The company is based in Silicon Valley with offices in Shanghai, Bangkok, Jakarta and London, and its clients include worldwide leaders in game software, hardware, and services, as well as consumer brands, investors, media companies, trade associations, and management consulting firms. www.nikopartners.com