SILICON VALLEY, Calif. – November 18, 2020 – Niko Partners, a market research and consulting firm covering the video game industry in Asia, forecasts that Asia will continue with strong growth in PC and mobile gaming for the next 5 years. Data and insights for 2019-2024e are published in new country-level reports on fast growth games and esports markets that Niko Partners defines as Asia-10: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Chinese Taipei, Japan, Korea, India. Niko has also published an accompanying Asia-10 regional report. https://nikopartners.com/asia-games-market-report/
Key takeaways from the new reports include:
- Asia-10 PC games revenue will be $9.7 billion in 2020, with Japan and S. Korea taking 75% share.
- Asia-10 mobile revenue will be $23.2 in 2020, with Japan taking 62% share.
- Total PC & mobile games revenue in the Asia 10 region will grow to $42 billion in 2024
- The region will have 826 million gamers by 2024, with the vast majority playing on mobile, roughly 1/4 playing on PC, and a large number playing on both.
- Mobile gaming in the Asia-10 region is projected to generate $31.23 billion in revenue by 2024.
- PC gaming is projected to generate $10.77 billion in revenue by 2024.
- Together China and the Asia-10 represent more than 50% of the world’s mobile games market revenue, and more than 60% of the world’s PC game revenue.
- The countries in the Asia-10 region with the highest revenue are Japan and Korea.
- The fastest growing countries in Asia-10 are India, Indonesia, and Thailand.
- Japan has the most significant console market in Asia, and is newer to esports than most of the other markets.
“The aggregated value of the games market in Asia-10 is huge, and still growing – by double digits in PC and mobile games,” said Lisa Cosmas Hanson, president of Niko Partners. “But game companies, marketers, esports teams, sponsors, hardware makers and the like will succeed only if they spend the effort to get to know the local gamers and local markets. Asia-10 is comprised of 10 very distinct markets each with its own culture, gamer preferences, spending, and even regulations.”
The Country Reports provide a deep dive into the games markets and gamers of Chinese Taipei, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam including market model and 5-year forecast of games and gamers, and qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, behavior and usage. The Asia Regional Report provides a comprehensive analysis of the entire Asia region. For more information visit: https://nikopartners.com/asia-games-market-report/
ABOUT NIKO PARTNERS
Niko Partners is the leading market research firm covering the Asia games market. Founded in 2002, the firm conducts syndicated and custom research studies on China, Chinese Taipei, India, Japan, South Korea, and six countries of Southeast Asia, including online games, mobile games, consoles, gamers, esports, regulations, piracy, developers, online operators, distribution, and retail. Niko Partners also offers consulting services including focus groups, partnership selection, IPO and market opportunity analysis, custom surveys in cities throughout China and the Asia Pacific region, and customized data analysis. The goal of the research and strategic advisory services is to help understand the market, strategically enter or expand market share, and continue to profitably grow in Asia’s impressive games markets. The company is based in Silicon Valley with offices in Shanghai, Bangkok, Jakarta and London, and its clients include worldwide leaders in game software, hardware, and services, as well as hedge funds, media companies, trade associations, and management consulting firms, all of whom have a vested interest in a thorough understanding of the region. www.nikopartners.com