What you’ll learn from this report:
China is worth more than 25% of the world’s mobile games market – and rising, and deserves the attention of games companies worldwide. Although the regulations can be challenging, if a company is dedicated to developing a hit game that fits the rules and cultural gaming preferences, there is a strong chance that the effort will pay off in China. The report explains our analysis on where that growth will come from, which segments are hot now and growing, and what the impact on the holistic games industry will be.
PUBLISHED MAY 2020
- A comprehensive market model and 5-year forecast through 2024 by games segment
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, spending, behavior, and usage for mobile games
- Trends analysis that formed our market size and forecast data
- Market share estimates for game publishers and Top 10 games lists
- Market size & forecast
- Growth drivers & trends
- Mobile esports
- Publishers & app markets
- Top games
- Mobile devices & hardware
- Financial transaction events
- Game approvals & regulations
- Analysis of our proprietary survey of Chinese gamers
- 99 slides with more than 50 data exhibits
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- Mobile and PC games revenue in China was in $33.1 billion in 2019, projected to pass $46.7 billion by 2024
- China had 685 million gamers in 2019, expected to rise to 772 million in 2024. 637 million are mobile gamers, and most PC gamers also play mobile games.
- Mobile games generated $18.5 billion in 2019, up 18.2% from the previous year, and forecast to reach $32.0 billion by 2024. This excludes revenue from mobile game exports, which was $6.4 billion, up 21% yoy.
- Female gamers are rising, making up 42% of total gamers in 2018, 46% in 2019 and forecast to be 50% in 2020, primarily on the mobile platform.
- Chinese gamers continue to be motivated by esports, and revenue of games played in esports reached $13.9 billion, rising to $23.2 billion in 2024. Total esports games revenue for 2019 was $13.9 billion, 42% of all revenue, projected to grow to $23.2 billion in 2024.