The China PC Online Games Market Topic Report, the 1st of 5 companion reports to Niko’s 2017 China Digital Games Market Data Report, is now available.
Key takeaways about the Chinese PC online games market in 2017 include:
- Despite the rapid ascent of Mobile games and the legal launch of consoles in 2015 after a 14-year ban, PC Online games remain at the heart of China’s digital games market.
- PC Online games generated $15 billion in 2016 and the market is projected to grow each year. Flat revenue growth does not reflect strong usage of PC games, rather it reflects lower paying ratios, higher ARPPU and lower cost of popular genres of games such as MOBA, FPS and Strategy.
- MMORPGs are in decline as younger gamers have embraced MOBA, FPS and Strategy games. Gamers have historically spent more to play MMORPGs and now are falling out of favor.
- Esports has become a driver of demand for PC Online games, and is also a driver in the uptick of use of I-cafes to play PC games. This is rising the ocean too, as other industries emerge to support esports (stadiums, I-cafes, streaming, etc).
The market changes rapidly and frequently. To enter the market or expand your market share, you need to stay informed and act on these developments.
How do Topic Reports work?
The China Digital Games Market Data Report covers market sizing and 5-year forecasts as well as gamer data from our proprietary survey. Each Topic Report holds deeper analysis of a specific topic, allowing you to purchase only those Topic Reports that are relevant to your business.
Topic Report #1: China’s PC Online Games Market provides:
- Detailed analysis on trends in the PC Online Games segment, based on data published in the April 2017 Data Report
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on PC gamer behavior
- Financial analysis of the leading Chinese game operators
- Hardware purchasing behavior and gaming accessories
- Regulations specific to PC online gaming
- 47 slides with 21 data exhibits
Look for Topic Reports #2-5 to be released in rapid succession:
- Mobile Games
- TV-Based Games
- Esports (including I-cafes)
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality.
China Digital Games Market Data Report $4,000
Topic Reports $2,000 each
Total package of Data Report + 5 Topic reports $14,000 and includes 5 hours of consulting time for your specific needs