What you’ll learn from this report:
Our analysis shows that China will enjoy strong growth in digital gamers and games revenue in the next 5 years, to reach $42 billion USD in domestic revenue by 2022 (with well over half coming from mobile games). With nearly 600 million gamers (more than 2x the population of the US), China is by far the world’s largest mobile games market and makes up more than 25% of global mobile games revenue. Global game companies, hardware providers, and others must take the time to understand the incredibly complicated Chinese mobile games market and Chinese gamers’ motivations, behavior, demands, and economic reality in order to build games and products that will soar to the top of the charts.
PUBLISHED MAY 2018
- A comprehensive market model and 5-year forecast through 2022 by games segment
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, spending, behavior, and usage for mobile games
- Trends analysis that formed our market size and forecast data
- Market share estimates for game publishers and Top 10 games lists
- Market size & forecast
- Growth drivers & trends
- Mobile esports
- Publishers & app markets
- Top games
- Mobile devices & hardware
- Financial transaction events
- Game approvals & regulations
- Analysis of our proprietary survey of Chinese gamers
- 85 slides with more than 50 data exhibits
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- China’s mobile games market is projected to grow from $16 billion in 2018 to $24.7 billion in domestic revenue by 2022.
- The number of mobile gamers is set to increase from 598 million in 2018 to 720 million in 2021. (5-year CAGR 5.2%).
- Mobile games revenue is the fastest growing segment and is projected to overtake PC online games this year, making up nearly two thirds of total games revenue in 2022.
- Esports continues to be one of the strongest drivers of growth, with battle royale the hottest new genre on mobile platforms.
- In terms of spending, core game genres are leading the charge, yet casual games also generate revenue.
- The number of female gamers that play and spend in games is increasing