What you’ll learn from this report:
With 600 million gamers (nearly 2x the population of the US), the Chinese games market is the single-most important market in the world for games, and PC online games remain at the heart of China’s digital games market. With more than $15 billion in 2016 and new growth projected each year, the PC online games market China presents a great opportunity for global game developers and publishers. However, it’s critical that foreign companies wanting to market games in China understand the market.
PUBLISHED MAY 2017
- Detailed analysis on trends in the PC Online Games segment based on data published in the China Digital Games Market Data Report
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on PC gamer behavior
- Financial analysis of the leading Chinese game operators
- Hardware purchasing behavior and gaming accessories
- Regulations specific to PC online gaming
- 47 slides with 21 data exhibits
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- Despite the rapid ascent of Mobile games and the legal launch of consoles in 2015 after a 14-year ban, PC Online games remain at the heart of China’s digital games market.
- PC Online games generated $15 billion in 2016 and the market is projected to grow each year. Flat revenue growth does not reflect strong usage of PC games, rather it reflects lower paying ratios, higher ARPPU and lower cost of popular genres of games such as MOBA, FPS and Strategy.
- MMORPGs are in decline as younger gamers have embraced MOBA, FPS and Strategy games. Gamers have historically spent more to play MMORPGs and now are falling out of favor.
- Esports has become a driver of demand for PC Online games, and is also a driver in the uptick of use of I-cafes to play PC games. This is rising the ocean too, as other industries emerge to support esports (stadiums, I-cafes, streaming, etc).
How do topic reports work?
Topic Reports are companion reports to the China Digital Games Market Data Report which covers market sizing, 5-year forecasts, and gamer data from our proprietary survey. Each Topic Report holds deeper analysis of a specific topic, allowing you to purchase only those Topic Reports that are relevant to your business.
Each of the 5 Topic Reports is $2,000, and the Data Report is $4,000. Companies that buy the Data report plus all 5 Topic Reports receive 5 hours of consulting time.