What you’ll learn from this report:
With more than $14 billion in domestic mobile games revenue projected by 2021, China is the single most important market in the world for mobile games. There are more than 500 million gamers in China, more than the entire population of the United States, which presents a great opportunity for global game developers and publishers. However, regulations and other factors make it challenging for foreign companies to launch mobile games in China – it’s critical to understand the market and take the right steps.
PUBLISHED JUNE 2017
- Detailed analysis on trends in the mobile games segment based on data published in the China Digital Games Market Data Report
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on mobile gamer behavior and influences
- Genre and title analysis
- Player spending
- Regulations specific to mobile gaming
- M&A activity
- A look at how foreign developers publish games in china
- 61 slides with more than 33 data exhibits
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- Mobile game revenue is the fastest growing segment and is projected to overtake PC online games in 2018, making up 58% of total games revenue in 2021.
- There were 503 million mobile gamers in 2016, rising to 699 million in 2021.
- Domestic market size in 2016 was $8.4 billion, rising to $14.4 billion in 2021.
- The demand for esports and the expansion into new genres suitable for core gamers are two of many drivers in the fast-growth mobile games market.
- The Top 20 of 400+ Android app stores account for 95% of distribution.
- Market share of new, expensive phones has fallen dramatically to the demand for quality, low-cost Android phones with mid to high-end specs.
How do topic reports work?
Topic Reports are companion reports to the China Digital Games Market Data Report which covers market sizing, 5-year forecasts, and gamer data from our proprietary survey. Each Topic Report holds deeper analysis of a specific topic, allowing you to purchase only those Topic Reports that are relevant to your business.
Each of the 5 Topic Reports is $2,000, and the Data Report is $4,000. Companies that buy the Data report plus all 5 Topic Reports receive 5 hours of consulting time.